Old August 23rd 06, 08:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
gvl2

Default just bought my (and my daughter's) first bug, a 72 Super Beetle!

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 02:59:50 +0000, Barnhart Pinball wrote:

> Where is the master cylinder located and how do I get to it?

I saw you ask this twice and not get a reply. Lot's of info in the other
posts. I'm just now getting back to r.a.m.v.a. and usually just lurk.

Look at the brake pedal.

Now, turn the steering wheel all the way to the right.

Get out of the car and look throght the fender well at the spot where your
foot would be if you shoved the brake pedal all the way therough the floor.

There's the master cylinder.

Easiest way to do brake work up front is to put the whole front up on
stands and remove both wheels. You can pretty much see the whole system
from underneath.

If you're REALLY replacing everything brake related and you can have the
car off the road a couple of days -- pull the fuel tank out. You can
actually reach all the components up front through the hole without having
to crawl around under a car that's on jackstands.

G2

--

use a net to email me