Old July 25th 05, 01:30 PM
Richard Ehrenberg

If it's an engine with alum heads and iron block, get a MLS gasket and be
done with it. Cometic makes them for virtually everything; Fel-Pro now has a
partal line (mainly engines for which MLS was OEM.)

On something like a 2.0 or the ol' Trenton 2.2L, the durabilty difference
with MLS is astounding.

Rick

"Jake" > wrote in message
news
> I conceed it was a vague, subjective question. I was fishing for

opinions
> in general. I had never heard of "Corteco" until I did some web surfing

for
> parts. They seem to have a big market reach. (Surprise) --I began to
> suspect that my experiences from the 70's might be irrelevant. I hate

that.