Old July 17th 05, 08:10 PM
WindsorFox[SS]

fifty-two wrote:

> And, just who died and put YOU in charge of this newsgroup?

It was up for grabs when Bill S left, several peopole run it. Why?

> Elaich is right.

No he's not.

> You are a busybody NetKop who jumped into a thread that didn't
> concern you, with no useful information to add,

You apparently can not hold your attention to read long enough to
get a grasp of the thread. Any thread in a public forum concerns anyone
in that forum. The only net cop attitude came from the jackass telling a
regular poster he was in the wrong group, which by the was was zero
useful information, as was your recent useless and incorrect post.

> and started yelling names
> at "stinking newbies" when it was none of your business to begin with!

Then it's none of your business either so STFU. That's about the
stupidest thing I've heard in a while. Defending the OP is none of my
business, but the jackass telling him he's OT while not providing any
useful info either is his business. Either your a sock puppet or another
idiot newb.

> I've been on Usenet since the late 1980s, but just came into this group.
> Does that make me a "stinking newbie" in your exalted opinion?

Yep, in this group it does because you do not know who is who, who
has been here who hasn't, what is generally accepted what is not. If
you've been on Usenet as long as I have then you should certainly know
that you should read a group for a while before making highly critical
posts, your friend did not. After he gets called down and jumps into
defensive mode he offers a general emmissions related answer. Gee thanks.

> The OP didn't take offense, so why should you? I think YOU need to go elsewhere.
> Either that, or get off the computer.

I think not. I've been a member of this group since 14 months after
it was started By Bill S.

> When a person starts policing a
> forum, they are taking it way too seriously. Either that, or they're just
> a jerk to begin with.

I agree. Please see the policing post made by the other guy. There
was no policing in my reply. I replied in defense of the OP when your
lil buddy decided to tell him he was in the wrong group, or did you not
read that part of his post? Or perhapse you just jumped onto the wrong
bandwagon since you're a newb in here and don't know who is who? Great
way to jump into and new group, start calling people net cops and such.
Good start there bub.

--
"Network management is like trying to herd cats."
-- Unknown

"I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges?"
-- TazAmd - Humor Section Gettingtogather.com