Old March 11th 05, 04:46 PM
Maxima via CarKB.com

Default Window Tinting (TX vs. NC)

Hello,

We have moved from TX to NC and are planning to stay here for about 6
months. Yesterday we registered our car here and tried to have our car
inspected but got a rejection because our back window is too dark and does
not meet the state requirement of 35%. (the side windows are fine)

Since we are going back to TX after a certain period is it possible to have
this requirement waived? I don't want to remove the tinting and then have
it done again. I tried to contact a local DMV but no response yet.

Maybe someone had a similar situation. Your advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Maxima