Old September 22nd 04, 10:48 PM
Bob Shuman

You need to read the computer's error code to determine why it illuminated
the SES light. Our local Autozone will read the code for free and tell you
the reason with the assumption you will buy your parts there for the repair.
You just need the light on when they read it...

Same thing happened on my son's 1996 SL1 (light would go off on its own and
then return when driving) and it turned out to be the EGR valve. We were
able to remove the valve and clean it out. The total cost was $3 for the EGR
gasket. That was about 10K miles back and the light has not come on again
since then.

Good luck.

Bob

lkaboutautos.com...