Old January 4th 05, 08:13 PM
Dennis Wik

The Puma was built in Brazil. About 20,000 were manufactured over the
years using VW parts although they also used Chevrolet and Audi engines
and built trucks also. They were first introduced in the 1964 paris
Auto show. A couple of hundred were brought into this country
semi-disassembled and sold as kit cars. Mine is a 1977. The VW
wolfsburg museum in Germany has a gold one on display. The Puma factory
was one of the few companies in the world that VW ever provided chassis
and power trains to and warranted them to their final customers. When
the company was sold for the second time and dissolved in the early
90's, Ford purchased the name and produced a front wheel , metal bodied,
sporty car with the Puma name tag for a couple of years. I could write
pages but I guess you get the idea. It is the sports car VW never built
but liked a lot.

href="http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4025706&a=30209382&vt=vp">Den's
1977 Puma</a>