Old December 1st 04, 05:30 AM
NoSetFine

I'm no mechanic, but unless the spark plugs are made ENTIRELY of platinum
instead of just the tips - I'm guessing about $1,900 of that is the cost of
replacing the converter.

Maybe replace everything (including your mechanic) except the converter
first and see what happens. I thought I read/learned once somewhere that a
fuel failure at the top end can damage the converter - however, I'm trying
to understand how that would affect the engine, as it's just for the
emissions. Does the engine read the emissions AFTER the converter and
adjust itself...?

hm.
-e

"David" > wrote in message
> We have a 2000 LS2 with the 3.0 Litre SAAB V6 engine.
> The SES light is on most of the time. The Service Wrench comes on
> occassionally.
> The codes indicate lean fuel mixture on both banks and random misfires.

The
> computer can't identify which cylinders are misfiring. (Not enough

misfire