Old March 30th 06, 06:06 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default More idiotic behavior from police

jaybird wrote:
> "DTJ" > wrote in message
> > And we pay these guys to do this crap.
> >
> > They had approximately 8-10 county cops trolling I57. It is a state
> > highway. They have no authority on it in Illinois.

> Are you sure? Here county cops have authority on any roadway in their
> county.

As well as everywhere else, if it's the same as sheriffs' jurisdiction
in Ohio and Wisconsin. Sometimes there's a 'cops agreement' that only
one agency patrols a certain stretch of road (Milwaukee County Sheriff
handles both Interstates through the county), but this doesn't preclude
others from exercising theirs as well. It just ****es off the guys
they had the agreements with.
--
C.R. Krieger