Old January 12th 04, 04:30 PM
willie

Why on EARTH would you be happy with a vehicle that's only done 40k miles,
that you have to put half a pint every 1500 miles? Surely you went back to
the dealership and asked why?
I have owned 2 Isuzu's.and would NEVER own another....there are far better
4WD vehicles out there, that dont have motor issues....(only my opinion)

"blodwyn_pig" > wrote in message
> I've had my 2000 Trooper LTD from new, with 40k miles on it. It's still
> running sweet. I do check the oil every few weeks and usually expect to

put
> in around half a pint or so every 1500 - 2000 miles. I get the oil and
> filter changed every 3750 miles (halfway between the recommended

intervals).
> Most of the time I'm doing local miles, but have had trips up to 350 miles
> in a day without any aches or pains. I've also done some mild offroading
> to reach some remote Boy Scout events, and some snow and ice stuff enough

> get the TOD lights flashing up a storm, all without any fuss or drama.

My
> first Isuzu, and I'm real happy with it.
>
> Good luck
>

> "Zip" > wrote in message
> > I'm thinking of buying a used 2000 Trooper LS with 60,000 miles on it.

It
> > recently had a new engine installed by the dealer. Apparently the

original