Old January 4th 04, 11:23 PM
blodwyn_pig

I've had my 2000 Trooper LTD from new, with 40k miles on it. It's still
running sweet. I do check the oil every few weeks and usually expect to put
in around half a pint or so every 1500 - 2000 miles. I get the oil and
filter changed every 3750 miles (halfway between the recommended intervals).
Most of the time I'm doing local miles, but have had trips up to 350 miles
in a day without any aches or pains. I've also done some mild offroading
to reach some remote Boy Scout events, and some snow and ice stuff enough to
get the TOD lights flashing up a storm, all without any fuss or drama. My
first Isuzu, and I'm real happy with it.

Good luck

"Zip" > wrote in message
> I'm thinking of buying a used 2000 Trooper LS with 60,000 miles on it. It
> recently had a new engine installed by the dealer. Apparently the original
> engine had a loss of oil problem and Isuzu replaced it under warranty??
> Anyone have any experience with this model year? I'm currently driving a

'93