Old July 19th 05, 12:06 AM

Just remember that for quite a while engines have been rated in terms of net
HP, not flywheel like they were back in the 50s and 60s. There is quite a
difference in the ratings. I believe they changed the ratings around 1972.
Also any street engine is fine with a 2 bolt block. there are a lot of
engines out there that never had 4 bolt caps, and some can't even be
converted, yet they seem to live under some very severe high horsepower
conditions. It is also a known fact that the best stock small block Chevy
block to use for racing is one that originally had 2 bolt mains, and then
convert it to 4 bolt mains with the splayed outer bolts. I've seen several
small and big block Chevy engines making some serious power, and still
having the 2 bolt main caps without a problem.

Chris