Old June 25th 05, 01:25 PM
Tom D

"Larry Scholnick" > wrote in message
m...
> It seems like left green-arrows are almost useless when there isn't a
> dedicated left-turn lane. Does this really work out somehow? Am I missing
> something?

There's a similar situation on a road near my house, but it is a right turn
arrow. Normally, it is a dedicated right turn lane. But during morning
rush hour, the right lane can also go straight. So you'll get the first car
wanting to go straight, and people behind that car wanting to turn right and
blowing their horn because they see the green arrow and no one is moving.

-=- Tom