Old July 17th 05, 06:55 AM
Harry

"Johann Koenig" > wrote

> Thats too bad, I love 2 strokes. Got my eye out for a Honda NS400R,
> know of any in the northeast?
> --
> -Johann Koenig

Me too. I bought a DKW out of a person's yard as a kid and got it running
and was fun to drive around. A 3 cylinder 2-stroke auto, 4-speed column
shift, kind of like the early Saab with the Saab Shrike 2-stroke engine,
that was actually on the first Saab Sonnets, I believe, before the V4, and
by the way, was sold by Saab at times with a lifetime guarantee - trouble
with it and the dealer just swapped the small-size 3 cylinder 2-stroke
engine - one of the couple early front wheel drive cars - as a teenager my
friend's father owned a Saab with a Shrike engine and I loved it for it's
uniqueness (front wheel drive and 2 stroke engine tone, cool interior) and
Saab had an oil injector on the later versions like 2-stroke motorcycles.
The DKW (German) had, the present Audi Auto Union symbol on it, (4 rings?)
you mixed oil and gas and it had 3 sets of points. Only wish I knew then
what I know now. Probably would paint and restore it as a curiosity item.
(DKW) I was 17.

Harry