Old July 20th 05, 04:01 AM
SQ

I don't want to turn this into a "old vs new" topic, it is abundantly
clear as it is that older RWD vehicles were easier to service than
modern FWD ones, especially if you have a V6 as I do. V6/FWD is not a
good combo.

But the issue remains unresolved. There is very little on the market
today which is easy to fix as stuff from the 70's or 80's, but you have
to cope if you want good fuel economy, fairly good condition, low
miles, working AC.

I am under impression that Subaru is a bit easier to service. Honda
Accord strikes me as hardest, along with domestics. Toyota Camry is a
bit easier, but not much. Mazda does not inspire me at all. I don't
know about much else. Volvo used to be pretty simple, circa '91, don't
know if that's still the case in late 90's. So you have to pick the
lesser evil.