Old June 6th 05, 04:40 PM
Remco

Susan S. wrote:
> It's the same basic event that occurred after the "Fast and Furious" movies
> were out.
> Lots of Rice running the roads with a few true custom upgraded cars.
> However, those are still out there and it's still the hottest thing to do
> for a teenager.
>
> Yuck.

Yup, agree there -- I don't dislike riceboxes (in fact, all our daily
drivers are japanese) and actually know them fairly well by working on
them over the years.
I know a couple of people that are into upgrading them (nos, racing
chips, etc) but for the most part they are just bolt-on additions - not
very exiting to me. Very few are actually involved in hacking into
their car.

While the hacking into the car might be interesting, they never had the
appeal of a bug to me, though.