Old February 24th 05, 03:30 AM
Steve Simpson

>I guess I will just have to wait until the USA release of the final
> product. I have some other gripes, but they may be a matter of tuning
> or differences in demo vs. the final release. I won't dwell on it,
> but just briefly, in my opinion the force feedback is not subtle
> enough and just does not feel right to me, and the demo car (again
> this is probably setup) has a tendency for the rear to oscillate at
> high speeds if the wheel is not held perfectly steady.

I think both of these things you refer to are connected with the FF which I
would agree isn't perfect. I usually turn the strength down to about 60-70%
as I think it's too 'notchy' in the corners at the default. Twitchiness at
high speed is often cured by reducing the steering lock a couple of degrees
in the car setup. Give it time and play around with it and I reckon you'll
come to love it as many of us have.