Old March 5th 05, 07:28 PM
Bob Shuman

Yes, both my wife and I have heavy rings with lots of keys... Despite that,
no problems, yet, on any other vehicle I've owned and driven over the years,
including many which are/were Chryslers. I suspect some bean counter has
"cost reduced" this part.

In any event, the first time this occurred the vehicle was less than a year
old with about 6K miles when it needed to be towed to the dealer and
replaced (all under warranty). I've subsequently learned to tap on the key
with a small hammer to push it further into the lock and this has always
allowed it to turn freely. I've had the lock out three times now and
lubricating with a light weight graphite lock oil seems to make it work for
about another 6 months. I've also noticed that the problem is worse in
colder weather.

This 2nd replacement lock is already on order and should go in next week. I
hope this is the last time this will be needed.

Bob