Old November 2nd 04, 01:38 PM
Ed Jones

Tim Rogers wrote:
> "Ed Jones" > wrote in message
>
>>Hello All.
>>
>>How important are the seals which go around the base of the engine
>>compartment in a type 2 bay?
>>

> .............You need to have those seals installed Ed. In fact, I wouldn't
> drive it for more than a few blocks until this is taken care of. The hot air
> that exits the bottom of the engine must be kept from recirculating back up
> into the engine compartment.
>
> BTW..........don't ever let the shop that did this get near that bus again.
> They're idiots.

Thanks for the info. I'll be looking for a new garage.

I'm afraid I've already driven it a good deal further than a few blocks
(about 150 miles) - *please* tell me that I'm not likely to have broken
the new engine! What should I be looking out for - it there anything I
can do now to rectify damage that may have happened over the 150 miles
I've driven it?

Ed