Old June 26th 06, 06:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default Ball Joints and Stuff

On my TJ I have 33x12.50's on 15x10 rims, and they're kinda boxy when viewed
from the front. I don't know what size/shape tires you have, but when I was
told my ball joints needed replacing I took it home and parked it in the
driveway, with the tires pointed straight. I then got a few feet back and
looked at each side from the front and saw that indeed on the left side the
tire was leaning just a tad. I tried to pry them up with the bar like the
guy at the tire shop but he was about 50 lbs heavier than me, so I didn't
make it move that much either. I didn't have any tire wear however cuz mine
were tweaked outta shape from an accident that pushed me around and slammed
me into a big curb.

You said the lift and all is only 1000 miles old, did you get an alignment
after? I'm sure someone was gonna ask you that sooner or later. When I
lifted mine I took it in and it didn't need alignment they said but some
people's tj's do need one I read.

Hope this helps a little
Troy

ups.com...