Old January 12th 04, 10:27 PM
Bret Chase

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 08:26:39 -0800, "willie" >
wrote:

>:|Is the locker in the rear a cable operated locker?
>:|To answer the other questions....when operating lockers on pavement, the
>:|vehicle will "grab" during turning....while in mud and snow, ALL four wheels
>:|will be driving the vehicle....making it VERY stable and very good to drive
>:|Cheers Willie

if you call weaving caused by a rear locker locking and unlocking with
power application on sweeping turns, the rear completely breaking
loose and turning the vehicle sideways (instead of just a wheel
spinning) and the front end plowing due to a front locker stable...
than you've got a much different definition of stability than I.

Zenteren,

any auto locker in the front will cause the front to plow in turns as
a locker powers the slower moving inside wheel over the outer, faster
rotating wheel with an open diff. I think you'll be sorely
disappointed in the driveability problems caused by a front auto
locker.

as I always tell my wife, it's a hell of alot more important to be
able to steer, than it is to go.

-Bret