Old March 10th 05, 10:20 PM
Jeff Strickland

We understand that completely, but is not part of the question.

The tires wear because the struts or the shocks are worn, allowing the tires
to bounce in a harmonic pattern that results in cupping along the edges of
the tires.

I can't ever remember seeing a strut fall apart to the point that the
suspension suffered a catastrophic failure of the type you are talking
about. The strut has significant structural components to hold it together
even if it fails to the point that the tires bounce and wear out unevenly.