Old May 13th 05, 06:02 PM
Jeff Strickland

"BM" > wrote in message
> Thanks for everyone's responses on the board & via email. I've had 2
> CJ's in the past and wasn't too worried about about the functionality
> of the nut & pin (after all the CJ hard doors just drop in without the
> threaded nut) I was probably more worried about the cosmetics. There's
> enough of the old threaded shatft on the lower hinge on each side that
> I can probably get a new stainless nut on them enough to catch the
> remaining threads.

OR ...

While the doors are off, you can remove the remaining threaded portion of
the pin and be left with doors much the same as on the CJ that you are
familiar with.

The through shafts are stuck pretty tight though
> and I've rocked the doors back and forth to get them up & out but they
> don't want to budge. Maybe I'll use a rubber mallett here & there to
> break them free. After all...the Jeep ain't topless unless the doors
> are gone, but I see that's another thread....

Squirt a shot of WD40 or other handy subsititute and lift with your hand
immediately below the hinge and swing the door with the other hand.