Old July 19th 05, 09:56 PM
The Real Bev

Steve wrote:

> Logan Shaw > wrote:
> >Call me crazy, but I don't quite get why it's worthwhile to buy
> >insurance for this in the first place.
> >At the worst, I can imagine needing a tow perhaps twice a year

> Yikes, maybe twice a lifetime would be a more reasonable worst-case.
> How many people here have ever had to be towed?

Me. Lifetime, maybe a dozen times. Most memorable: a bearing in the
differential broke, allowing the axle to pull out, which broke the brake
lines. Rolling down Angeles Crest in a 60 Ford station wagon with no brakes.
Fortunately we got to the little bar/restaurant with the sandy parking lot,
which slowed us down considerably before we hit the bank. That was the last
stopping-place on our side of the road, although we could have crossed over to
the other side and scraped up against the bank until we stopped or were hit by
another car.

What's your story?

--
Cheers,