Old January 24th 05, 06:07 PM
Stef

In alt.autos.alfa-romeo,
Ross > wrote:
>Hi All
>
>The rear screen of my 2002 147 seems to have spontaneously shattered some
>time today! On closer inspection is appears to have broken from the inside
>out, rather than had something thrown/banged against it from the outside.

>Has anybody else had this problem with their 147?

I don't have 147, but a while ago I saw a dutch consumer TV program
which had numerous complaints like this on another make of car (I don't
remember wich). The rear windows shattered spontaneously. I think it
was due to a construction fault which put too much stress on the window.
Maybe you can check with a consumer oranization or report it to them to
see if there are more cases or if you have just an unlucky isolated case.

--
Stef (remove caps, dashes and .invalid from e-mail address to reply by mail)

Scientists are people who build the Brooklyn Bridge and then buy it.
-- William Buckley