Old February 15th 05, 02:54 AM
Steve Simpson

> As our hobby is essentially computer related, those who persevere with it
> will pick up the nescessary skills as they go along(*), but I also think
> it's important to not scare away that first time user. I'd rather resort
> to my bark/bite if he/she turns out to be a PITA, than have them quit from
> the off.

It's only people that have screwed systems to begin with that even -know-
that Starforce is being installed. If you've got a half decent system that
works properly, you won't even know about Starforce. If you're a newbie
that doesn't have a decent system and runs into problems, well, that's what
technical support is for.

The system resources it uses are absolutely negligible and everything on my
system (and everyone else I know who owns Starforce games) still works
perfectly including Nero. It does have an issue with virtual drives such as
the one Nero uses but it gives the user plenty of warning and there are
workarounds posted all over the place. Installing MS Office or Adobe
Acrobat has more of an impact on your system's speed.

I can't believe the intelligent people of this group have fallen for all of
the anti-Starforce propaganda spread around the net by all of the
pirate-kiddies who still haven't found a decent way to beat Starforce.

I will agree with one thing though, there's some very technically savvy
people around here who are complete idiots when it comes to PCs. :-\