Old December 24th 04, 09:22 PM
Jim Chodrick

Not just the '04's. Most every Ford for the last several years has done
that. It has to do with the pump and although it's annoying it's not
actually a problem so there is really no fix. Sometimes switching to a
different fluid (synthetic) will help but is hardly worth the cost unless
it's due for a change anyways. I would listen to a few different cars and
see how yours compare, if it's substaintially more noisy it may be a problem
but if not it's most likely normal.

m...