Old December 18th 04, 04:42 PM
Dad

Open the DIC or use a code reader to retrieve any codes that might be
stored. I'm looking for a code like B2202, B2204, or B2274, or any "B"
codes.

This may work on your '98--
Turn key to ON position
Press and Hold Options Button
Within 10 Seconds press the Fuel Button 4 times
The DIC will step through any codes and then go into manual mode. The
DIC buttons can then be used to page through the codes.
Press E/M button to exit.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

"John Smith" > wrote in message
>I tried to help the window up and down with my hand. The window will not
>budge - even with more force than I was really comfortable with. Luckily,
>the window was up when this happened. But, that adds to the mystery. The
>window wasn't in use when it quit. It just wouldn't move when I tried it.
>
> Thanks Dad - I appreciate the help.
>
> What now?
>

> "Dad" > wrote in message
>> "John Smith" > wrote in message
>>>I have a '98 Corvette. I drove it yesterday and the driver side window
>>>worked fine. I went for a drive today and it wouldn't work at all. I
>>>can hear the very faint "click" of what I assume is a relay in the door,
>>>but nothing at all happens. I would assume that the motor has gone bad.
>>>Is that a good assumption (considering that the window will not even try
>>>to move)? Or, is there another electrical (hopefully less expensive)
>>>part that I should consider first?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Mike