Old January 25th 05, 10:52 AM
Ross

"Stef" > wrote in message
> I don't have 147, but a while ago I saw a dutch consumer TV program
> which had numerous complaints like this on another make of car (I don't
> remember wich). The rear windows shattered spontaneously. I think it
> was due to a construction fault which put too much stress on the window.
> Maybe you can check with a consumer oranization or report it to them to
> see if there are more cases or if you have just an unlucky isolated case.

I checked with my local dealer, Northgate at Canterbury, and the service
manager didn't know of any other problems with the rear screen.

The glass repair company say it's unusual but not unheard of, but something
could have happened to the glass previously that created tension in it and
then something minor caused it to break.....looks like it'll remain a
mystery!

Regards
Ross