Old August 24th 06, 10:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Matt Macchiarolo

Default new wrangler - ug

Nate, many similar complaints were made about the TJ at its introduction.
Coil springs like Land Rover? Say it ain't so.

I think people that buy Jeeps to use them off-road buy them for more than
just the "Jeep heritage." People that would buy it just for the "heritage"
would fall into the category of posers that never take them off-road, and I
know you aren't one of those, so I wonder why "heritage" seems to be more
important to you than "capability." People that buy a vehicle for off-road
performance, however, I don't think will be disappointed with the new
Wrangler.

You are basing your negative opinion on the fact that the designers
considered at one time IFS, even though the final design keeps the solid
axle? Talk about picking nits.

Some people just don't like change.