Old August 24th 06, 04:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_]

Default new wrangler - ug

First off with Independent Front Suspension we loose about ten
inches of ground clearance, look way up in there and you will see axle
boot or the height of a regular live axle:
http://www.billhughes.com/05cherokee...okee2front.jpg Plus look at
how it's bottomed out just getting on the car trailer. Then actually
look at the suspension and note the space between the bump stops the
open areas are the four inches of articulation, making it possible to
get stuck on a road:
http://www.billhughes.com/temp/LibertyAndTraction.mpeg Comparison:
http://www.billhughes.com/XJversusKJ.jpg
The rear end of my thunderbird is perfect for a run to Lost Wages,
It's Independent Suspension like the Ferrari or Corvette hugs the road
at high speed, but like the Libby and '05 Cherokee, it's put together
with puny stamped steel and rubber grommets:
89thunderbirdRearIndependentSuspension.jpg Just imagine pulling a
trailer, which way the tires would be pointing while trying to recover
from an emergency lane change and fishtail. Leave that for Real Trucks
with Real leaf springs.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O