Old July 6th 04, 04:30 PM
TonyJ

> Now I always carry a spare gallon in the back and always fill up when I get
> to 300 on the trip meter.
>
> Ive seen the post already shown about the repair, Im just wary of opening up
> the fuel tank due to the obvious fire risk.

I would be more worried about fire risk by carrying the gallon in your
trunk than opening the tank access.

If it is anything like the tank in my '91 100q (which I think it is)
access is quite easy and wouldn't require any special tools. Just wait
until your tank is nearly empty to do the job.

Plus if you dont have the right
> tools and dont seal it properly afterwards you will have a petrol smell
> inthe car for ever, as the hatch is below the rear seat cusion.

The access has a seal and should not be a problem.