Old July 7th 05, 10:29 PM

Default Seeking additional info abour repairs to a Jeep

I have been quoted some prices on some potential repairs to my 95 Jeep
Wrangler, but being a non-technical owner (I just drive the thing, I
don't know how it works) I have a hard time understanding these
problems, guaging how important they really are, and guessing whether
or not I am getting a decent price.

I do trust this particular mechanic, and they are not presenting these
problems to me as high-importance must-fix-for-safe-operation problems,
but I would still appreciate it if some of you knowledgable jeep-people
could offer your opinions on these:

1) What is a "Rear Main Seal". How important is a leak in one? Is it
worth over $400 to fix?

2) What is the transmissions "Transfer Case Seal"? How important is a
leak in it? Is it worth over $300 to fix?

3) What is an "Induction Flush" how important is it? Is it worth approx
$150 to have done?