Old March 2nd 05, 05:53 AM
XS11E

Lanny Chambers > wrote in
:

> In article >,
> XS11E > wrote:
>
>> The radio on my Miata expired some time back and the previous
>> owner agreed to get me a replacement. Who know one that will fit
>> in the space provided?

> You might contact Miata electronics guru Jeff Anderson, who may be
> able to bring it back to life for small change. Poke around on
> miata.net for Jeff's email address.

Neither I nor the previous owner have the critter. His description
sounds to me like a 3 minute fix but he didn't, he pulled it and had an
plumbing school dropout install a horrible $1,300 kludge that I
generously told him he could keep if he'd get me a usable radio, not
something off some space craft that he didn't know how to work himself!

Installation is going to be fun, plumbing school dropout and now full
time radio installer cut wires, broke plastic, bent, prodded, massaged
and got the kludge to partially work, he didn't even know the car has
headrest speakers and hadn't hooked them up, now he's going to try and
install a radio in my car. Wanna bet I'll be watching with an eagle
eye?

> Or just install a loud muffler and forget about the radio. Works
> for me.

Not for me, I plan on making a run to California to see my sister in a
week or so, I want a radio, the freeway gets very boring... but I'll
enjoy highway 74 and 371 from Palm Desert to Aguanga! I hope I run
into little traffic, the curves tend to slow the flatland tourists down
to 3.7mph on a 45mph road.