Old February 25th 05, 08:38 AM
Magnulus

Default stop signs

In the past two years, there have been 3 stop signs put up in my
neighborhood. It's pretty stupid where they put them- at 3 way
intersections, with a stopsign on every corner of the intersection (I would
only put it on the bottom leg of the T). Are drivers too stupid to realize
what yielding is, why do they have to resort to this pathetic hand holding
of putting stopsigns everywhere? And alot of the time there's a cop there,
so to me I think it's nothing but a trap. Because you never see any of the
speeders out on the road being busted, probably too much work compared to
just parking behind a stopsign and waiting. Without the stopsign, a driver
could cruise right down the street without having to stop, idle the engine,
and waste fuel accelerating again.

I also see alot of stop signs in parking lots recently.

I think I know why Americans have such a hard time understanding the
concept of a roundabout. There aren't little signals and stop signs
everywhere.