Old July 12th 05, 02:12 AM
Bill Putney

Daniel J. Stern wrote:

> On Sun, 10 Jul 2005, Bill Putney wrote:
>

>>Daniel,
>>Ever heard of these bulbs?
>>
>>http://300mclub.100megs42.com/forums...?p=82521#82521

> A very good working definition of "insanity" is doing the same thing
> repeatedly and expecting a different result from iteration to iteration.
>
> Say it again: IF A HALOGEN BULB IS ADVERTISED OR DESCRIBED IN ANY WAY,
> SHAPE OR FORM AS "CLOSE TO HID" or "EXTRA WHITE", IT IS JUNK! DO NOT USE
> IT! IT PUTS OUT LESS LIGHT THAN A BULB WITH CLEAR GLASS!
>
> I'm sorry, Bill, I know you're just asking a question, but after ten years
> you'd think the message would get through. It doesn't matter whose name is
> on the package.

I started this thread just prior to someone posting a photo of the
packaging and bulbs on the 300M forums - once I saw the blue tint on the
bulbs in the photos, I knew I was in for an a$$ whuppin'. 8^)

BTW - the packaging doesn't just say "CLOSE TO HID" - it literally says
"HID", period. I recently saw a thread about a certain bulb on another
forum in which the manufacturer's specs. we "Input: 65 watts/Output:
100 watts". One ah dem power generatin', perpetual motion bulbs, Bubba!

Bill Putney
adddress with the letter 'x')