Old February 2nd 05, 11:55 AM
Clap Trap

> I get a sweet 23 mpg on the highway fully loaded running at 65 mph. If

Impressive! I'm lucky to get 17 unloaded, downhill, with a tailwind.
Mostly, I get about 14.

> Accel SuperCoil for a hot spark with the engine set up manually. I
> killed the computer.

No computer on mine either. I also did a TFI conversion and noticed an
improvement. I don't have to worry about emissions testing so all that
is gone as well.

> Manually the 258 can be tuned up to run sweet and just purr at idle,
> though a bit of a lean rumble at idle is better for the emissions
> sniffer.

Mine is all done manually (except for the electric choke on the Weber).
It runs great. Plenty of power, unJeeplike smooth idle. But mileage
just stinks. And it smells like it is running a bit rich. But I've
leaned it as far as the carb will go and it still smells rich.

Your tagline says you run 33s on your glass bodied Jeep. How much lift
does it have? Did it have 33s and that same lift pre-glass?