Old June 8th 05, 03:19 AM
Scott M. Kozel

(Brent P) wrote:

> >> The reason to tax this way IMO is to allow the logging of where people go
> >> and when.

> > That's it. So that people can be tracked every inch of the way.
> > Thanks but no thanks...

> I see no other purpose for it. And to those who would shout 'paranoid',
> nobody would be 'watching'. When a person did something the government
> didn't like, say become a political threat to those in power, complain
> too much, or other wise need to be discredited, the data would be mined
> for something that could be useful or twisted to be useful.

With today's database management system technology, it would be a snap
to compile all that data and to make it available at their fingertips to
a future government administration that wanted for nefarious reasons to
track their citizens every inch of the way. It's not worth the risk.

--
Scott M. Kozel Highway and Transportation History Websites
Virginia/Maryland/Washington, D.C.