Old January 13th 05, 03:30 AM
Charles Fregeau

"Shag" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 18:03:30 -0600, "Charles Fregeau"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Bill Berckman" > wrote in message
>>> You either like them or you don't. If you don't click on the link.
>>> http://www.infoshop.org/inews/articl...50110075012686
>>> Bill Berckman
>>> 67 Beetle
>>>

>>I often said in order to get a license to drive an Stupid Useless Vehicle,
>>one had to fail one's IQ test. <g>
>>
>>Charles of Kankakee
>>

> Just to stir the pot (imagine that) I think that article is unfair.
> Not all SUVs pollute the hell out of the planet. There are several
> "sports cars" that do a better job of that. I'm SURE that *some* (not
> all) SUVs sold today pollute less than typical passenger cars of the
> not-so-distant past. Even less than our beloved air-cooled VW. I
> have a "ULEV" sticker on my car so I'm more innocent (in the
> pollution-contributing regard) than most. *batting eyelashes* That's
> my story and I'm stickin' to it.
>
> ---
>
> "I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of
> bubblegum."
> -"Rowdy" Roddy Piper, They Live!

But as a genre, the SUV drivers up here have attitude. They can't even see
my Corolla. One of them backed up into my brother's Miata in a parking lot,
with the attendant yelling all the while to STOP! She didn't even stop when
she heard the crunch. Thank God, he was moving in reverse a little, she
only crunched his front plate.

I'm afraid what they would do around our favorite Type 1's, 3's and 4's.

Charles of Kankakee