Old July 25th 05, 02:41 PM
Dick

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 13:14:52 GMT, "YouGoFirst"
> wrote:

>> We have a '93 JGC Limited with 90,000 miles. With ambient running 100
>> to 105 lately, the Jeep runs at almost 210 degrees while moving at
>> least 40 mph. If I do a lot of stop and go driving, it will go over
>> the 210 mark. 0

>Thanks, I guess the mechanic wasn't full of crap.

Some things to consider:

With the stock 190-degree thermostat, that's the minimum temperature
in the radiator. It can go higher and still be "normal."

Make sure your radiator cap is in good condition. The system depends
upon pressure in the radiator to increase the boiling point of the
liquid.

Make sure your lower radiator hose is not soft. This would allow it
to collapse from the water pump suction thereby reducing fluid flow.

Dick