Old July 15th 05, 02:08 AM
Dave

"G-Ram" > wrote:

>OK EVERYONE!!!!
>
>I have been informed by my mechanic that the reason for all of these
>problems I am having is because the Hall Generator is bad and needs to
>be replaced. My entire exhaust system is fine (thank god) everything
>else is fine too.
>
>Maybe a discussion on what the hell a Hall Generator is and what
>function it performs is in order...
>
>Thanks to everyone who replied with ideas and assistance.....

pulse generator that makes use of the Hall effect and consists of a
rotor with vanes, a conductive element with a permanent magnet and the
Hall IC. Also called "Hall element."

AND

transistorized ignition with Hall generator:
(TI-H) There are two types of TI-H: in one version, the dwell angle is
determined by the width of the rotor vanes in the distributor; the
other version contains a circuit for automatic dwell angle control
incorporated in the electronic control unit