Old July 3rd 05, 02:44 PM
Denny B

"jjjsan" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> They can get pitted by rust deposits and can leak when seals get to

that
> spot. Honing cyclinder can clean up surface pits. Seals can leak

after
> old age.
> Most just replace the entire cyclinder assy.
> Best to flush out and bleed old brake fluid once in awhile to keep

the
> moisture out of fluid.

I am tempted to replace the cylinders and really want to.
The only problem is I am not sure if I can undo the 2 bolts that
hold the cylinder to the backing plate, and also undo
the hydraulic line nut that attaches to the cylinder.
If I knew these were not rusted on, I would change the
cylinders in a flash. Bleeding the system is no problem.

Denny B