Old February 4th 05, 12:48 AM
Steve m...

I've got a 04' Grand Prix company car. It's currently got 45k miles on it.
Runs like a top and a great sporty car (from a company who offers them) is a
great thing for a guy in his middling 40's (lol). It's only got 200hp but
it runs great. They gear it well for off the line speed and it's fun to
drive as a result. The ride itself is kinda bumpy on the highway expansion
joints (consumers report mentioned that and they are correct). But, it's
fun to drive. Mine has the GT 2 package and it has just the right rumble of
the exhaust. Our company car choices for the Impala were only for the 3.4
engine. Like Daniel says it's junk. I wouldn't want it in anything even a
company car. It's very underpowered and for that reason alone I wouldn't
get it. They didn't offer us the 3.8 in it. Mine has had only 1 problem
with it that I had to get fixed. The left tierod end wore out (probably
from a big hit on a pothole last winter the service writer said.. and I do
remember hitting a big one too on the parkway here). The tires lasted till
36k on it which wasn't bad for the standard Goodyears. I rotated them every
6k so that helped it. Otherwise it's been trouble free. The most annoying
problem I have with it is when I take it in for service and they fill the
tires with air (to spec) and then about 2k miles later the tire sensor kicks
off in the car and I got to reset it till the next time after they do it
again. Otherwise nothing else has problems. Good car. Get one you won't
be unhappy. Did I say how much fun it is to drive ? lol...

Steve m...

oups.com...