Old July 13th 05, 02:57 AM
Daniel J. Stern

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005, Nate Nagel wrote:

> > They already are (Sylvania Silverstar = Osram Diadem available in 1157,
> > 2057, 3157 and 3457)

> Where do you get them? All I have seen are the amber ones.

http://www.costore.com/performancesh...thumbnails.asp

Click 'n' buy.

> Is there any legitimate method for turning a clear glass bulb into an
> amber one? I'm not nuts about the lack of contrast between the turn
> signals and headlights, but I'm also not prepared to modify the very
> rare and expensive parking light housings with a different socket...

There are a few different clean ways of doing this. The cheapest and
easiest? File off one of the index pins from a BAY15d-base bulb! If the
socket's not completely shot, the one pin should hold it in place OK. If
not, you can shim the bulb with a wrapped strip of HD aluminum foil.

If that's a no-go, or if you want to be able to use a higher-output bulb
than an 1157, e-mail me a picture of the assembly you're working with
(pref. disassembled) and I'll send you some solutions.