Old July 3rd 05, 09:07 PM
BillyRay

Eddy,

Turn the ignition one until the odometer lights, turn the key off, turn it
on until the odometer lights, turn it off, turn the key on until the
odometer lights, turn it off. Turn the key on again and the odometer should
be showing the error code.

For example earlier this week mine displayed "p0456" then "done".

You can then check the code number at ;
http://www.wjjeeps.com/faultcodes.htm

In my case P0456 was "Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected
(very small leak)" which 97.3% of the time is caused by a bad gas cap.

If you have trouble extracting the codes they can check for you at your
local auto parts store, usually at no charge.

Good luck!