Old December 18th 04, 01:05 AM
Mike Romain

TW wrote:

> "Mike Romain" > wrote in message
> > The shakes will kill your u-joints, your pinion and t-case seals and
> > maybe the bearings inside them so they always will be seepers unless
> > changed out.
> >
> > This will happen really fast.
> >
> > It can also take out a u-joint which can destroy yokes, exhausts, gas
> > lines, brake lines, punch holes in the floors, etc., when the drive
> > shaft propellers.
> >
> > Mike
> > 86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00
> > 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's
> >

> Thanks for that wonderfully detailed information. I did not drive it after
> reading your email. Although I had only done about 50 kms since doing the
> lift. The weather is still bad. I will wait for the weather to improve
> and then do it. In the meantime, I am now driving my wife's little number
> (if I need to drive somewhere). Its not the same......
>
> Thanks again for saving me from doing some serious damage. The shakes are
> definitely there at the start, but not present once rolling till I do hard
> acceleration.
>
> Cheers,
> TW

Smart move. Those high vibrations cause massive wear fast.

You can pull the rear driveshaft and just drive with front wheel drive
if you really want to. I have driven like that for a while before. If
you have a slip yoke into the t-case, you can cover the hole with a half
a pop can and hose clamp so fluid doesn't leak out. I believe Jerry or
someone once mentioned a top from a can of WD40 covers the hole.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's