Old February 18th 05, 05:49 PM
Steve Smith

Considering the rotation point in front-engined cars IS abt. 2 feet ahead of
the drivers, maybe that's why I like the FE cars (like the Vertigo Streiff
and the C5-R) in GTR a lot better than the RE cars (like the Saleen and the
Porsches...altho, to be fair, the German wunderwagens are a lot like that in
real life: initial front-end washout followed by snap oversteer).

"Larry" > wrote in message
> I know some people like GTR, but I have to be honest and say I'm

definitely
> not one of them.
>
> It has that old ISI engine feel to it. Like driving on Ice. Not enough
> feedback to the driver. Feels like the rotation point is WAY off and
> centered about 2 feet in front of the driver.
>
> It's a feeling I've had every since EA came out with the F1 titles (and I
> have all of them) and I can't shake it.
>
> I feel a _small_ amount of that in NSR but I think I can deal with it.
>
> To me, the only SIM since NR200x that feels substantial to me has been
> rFactor. It apparantly has a 2nd generation ISI engine in it and I think
> it's superior in every way to GTR. It is my understanding that GTR uses

the
> old engine that was in the F1 series so I'm not suprised I feel the way I
> do.
>
> I have hope for NSR but I have a lot of work to do to get where I want to
> be.
>
> -Larry
>
> "Steve Smith" > wrote in message
> > You ain't seen nuthin' yet. If SimBin manages to sort out GTR (they're
> > about 85% there), they'll rule...altho I suspect it will take until they
> > come out w. the rFactor-based GTR2. Of course, that's road racing.

I've
> > been very impressed with the care and attention EA Tiburon has been
> > lavishing on the beta testers and beta testing for NSR. You don't spend
> > that kind of time and effort and money unless you're dead serious about
> > making it work. And for the kind of moolah EA laid out to get an
> > exclusive
> > (it undoubtedly would have been cheaper to buy Papyrus, and you'd think
> > cash-strapped VU would have been only too happy to sell), they'd damn

well