Old July 8th 05, 03:05 AM
Daniel J. Stern

On Thu, 7 Jul 2005, Steve W. wrote:

> Rear main seal is the one piece seal that closes the area between the
> engines crankshaft and the engine block. If this is a 4.0 engine this is
> a VERY common problem with them.

Not as common as a leak at the back of the rocker cover *mimicking* a rear
main seal leak, as others have pointed out.

> > 3) What is an "Induction Flush" how important is it? Is it worth
> > approx $150 to have done?

> 150 would be a bit high for just an injector cleaning, BUT if they are
> doing injector cleaning and top end cleaning then it isn't too bad.

Um...not. There is no such a thing as them "doing a top end cleaning,
too". The stuff they hook up to the fuel rail is injector and top-end
cleaner. So is the stuff in the bottle labelled "TECHRON" or the can
labelled "BG 44K" that you buy for $16 and pour in the fuel tank.

Even if we assume that removal and thorough cleaning of the throttle body
and AIS were included, $150 is kinda rich.