Old September 5th 06, 03:27 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Floyd Rogers[_1_]

Default big problems please help

"Dave Plowman (News)" > wrote
> liney > wrote:
>> my friends 1992 520i needed servicing so we did it as it was a cheap
>> car. he later went on to look on a website for ways to reset serv/insp
>> lights and tried bridging 7/14/19 in the inspection socket wich clearly
>> didnt work. any1 with ideas what has happened and how to fix it your
>> help would be great cheers

> There must be a million articles out there on how to do this.
>
> But all you need to do is ground pin 11 then switch on the ignition
> without starting the engine. Then turn off when the oil service lights
> re-set. To re-set the inspection light leave on longer.

It should be 7 & 19.
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/arc...p/t-11039.html
There is a different (and easier) way to do modern cars (e46, etc.)
Pin 14 is 12v. Shorting that to ground (pin 19) and the service interval
Pin 7,
is *NOT* a good thing. As some other people have mentioned, you've
probably fried something.

FloydR