Old January 20th 05, 07:06 AM
Cherokee-Ltd

> wrote in message
>I read the instructions on them and the springs have to be unloaded.
> Someone pointed out about the threads, I would agree. It would be nice
> if it were possible to adjust them after they have been installed.

You can. Pick up a set of McPherson strut spring compressors (affixed to the
outside of the coil unlike coil spring compressors that go inside). It's not
terribly practical but when you use ACOS to level your ride, you don't have
to remove the coils to adjust them. They're not what you would call a budget
boost ($400 for a TJ) but you can get yourself a couple inches without
tossing perfectly good, cushy factory springs. When your rig starts to sag,
you can adjust for it. I like the idea but way overpriced.

-Brian