Old September 10th 06, 12:07 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Dave Lugo

Default Timing Belt Failure 43K Certified 2001.5 Celebration EditionUltra Sport

TR3NDSETR wrote:
> thx for the feedback. Much appreciated. I guess I just have to absorb
> the cost. But it just bothers me, cos I had to replace 2 tires that
> blew due to some bubbling on side walls ..Audi didnt take resposibility
> for that either, and that was with about 5-8K miles, and now this, for
> a certified car in less than 2 yrs. Worries me what else is in store
> for me. Car is a dream when its working but frustrating nightmare when
> it breaks down.
> Thanks for the responses.

The CPO warranty is _not_ a bumper to bumper warranty, doesn't match the
original factory warranty, and doesn't cover wear items. That said,
sounds like the car wasn't properly certified by the dealer before it
was sold. (did you have anyone inspect if prior to purchasing it?)

Don't have the dealer do all the work, as their costs are typically 50%
above what a qualified independent shop would charge.

Get the alternator replaced and then have it flat-bedded somewhere else.

The region-specific forums on audiworld.com are a good place to ask
around for shop recommendations.

Dave Lugo LC Unit #260 TINLC
Have you hugged your firewall today? No spam, thanks.
Are you the police? . . . . No ma'am, we're sysadmins.